AMCP Foundation Internship Addressing Health Equity
This immersive internship develops future leaders in health care by training student pharmacists to study and support disparate and vulnerable populations. Interns are exposed to concepts such as social determinants of health (SDOH), chronic disease management, access to care, and vaccination trends/outcomes with a focus on addressing health equity. Working with health care practitioners and professionals at a health plan or similar organization, interns implement managed care principles to maximize health care resources and patient outcomes.
- Each intern is assigned a pharmacist preceptor at a managed care organization
- Interns will also be supported by additional mentors, including virtual preceptors from AMCP and AMCP Foundation volunteer leadership, as well as the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Interns conceptualize, conduct, interpret and present a capstone research project at AMCP Nexus.
- This program is virtual.
This internship reflects our strategic priority to leverage managed care pharmacy to address disparities in medication access, use, and outcomes – a mutual goal held by AMCP and AMCP Foundation.
Selection of Interns
Interns are chosen through a Review Panel comprised of AMCP Foundation volunteers and phone interviews with the Site Preceptors. Successful candidates show exemplary academic results through involvement in extracurricular activities, strong leadership, and organizational skills.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time Doctor of Pharmacy degree student in an ACPE-accredited school or college of pharmacy during the 2022-2023 school year with anticipated graduation in 2024 or 2025.
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States.
Candidates must submit an online application including:
- One letter of recommendation
- A letter of good academic standing from their institution including current cumulative GPA.
Questions? Email us.
Support managed care research and the cultivation of tomorrow's leaders by partnering with us!