AMCP and AMCP Foundation have identified specific research questions within two priorities of the real-world evidence pillar of the managed care pharmacy research agenda. Contact AMCP Foundation to partner and fund research teams leading projects focused on the below aims.
Disparities in Designing & Delivering Health Care:
- How managed care tools intersect with health care disparities.
- Propose, implement and measure impact of a reduction in barriers to access for diverse populations.
- How adherence is impacted by health care disparities (in a relevant disease area, with managed care-specific quality measures that incorporate race/ethnicity, considering variance in serious adverse events).
- Stratify adherence by racial/ethnic disparities and other SDoH.
- How differences in race/ethnicity, SDoH and socio-economic status impact ability to afford a medication across different benefit designs.
- Establish price elasticity of demand for major therapeutic classes, and bring voice of health plan member.
- Data collection tool to contribute relevant RWE, sites, data aggregation and analysis.
- Framework or map of links between surrogate endpoints and meaningful outcomes to inform secondary formulary decisions and document potential clinical impact of relevant surrogate markers.
- Optimize sequencing in a specific cancer or other disease category.
- Impact of genetic and/or molecular testing to target therapy, vs. standard approaches to therapy selection.