National P&T Competition Judges
Would you like to help groom the next generation of managed care leaders? Consider serving as a judge for the AMCP Foundation National Student Pharmacist P&T Competition!
The P&T Competition is conducted in three phases. We welcome your application to serve as a judge for the initial Entry Phase round. In this round, all participating teams submit a formulary drug monograph with supporting materials. Teams are evaluated on their ability to gather, review, critically appraise, and synthesize the evidence for the safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of the study drug.
Entry Phase judging for the 2024 P&T Competition will take place during the 11-day period from January 26 to February 5, 2024.
- Judges will be assigned up to 10 drug monographs to review and score, using criteria and rubrics provided by AMCP Foundation.
- The estimated time commitment to review and score the monographs — plus provide brief feedback to each team — is 12-15 hours.
- Judges will be able to access their assigned entries beginning Friday, January 26.
- Team entries will be accessed and scored via a dedicated online platform, with documents available in digital formats only. You will be able to download and print documents for your convenience during the judging process.
- Scores for all monographs must be submitted by Monday, February 5.
Judges are asked to:
- Commit to meeting the stated judging timeline and deadline. This is critical. Please do not volunteer if you have any conflicts with the specific timeframe outlined above.
- Become familiar with the competition drug, therapeutic area, and manufacturer dossier.
- Remain objective towards team submissions, without bias toward any particular team.
We look for judges who:
- Are currently employed by (or retired from) a managed care organization.
- Are familiar with drug monograph development, formulary management, and P&T Committee review at health plans and/or PBMs.
- Understand best practices for identifying and evaluating the evidence that informs drug monograph development.
- Have experience with economic models.
We regret that due to confidentiality considerations regarding the study drug dossier, we are unable to accept national judges who are employed by biopharmaceutical companies or involved in the preparation of manufacturer dossiers.