AMCP Foundation Virtual Mentors
AMCP Foundation, AbbVie, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., and Sanofi Genzyme offer several unique Managed Care internships. These immersive experiences introduce participants to the managed care pharmacy profession and help them develop research, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Most participants are usually placed at PBMs, health plans, or employer sites, as well as AbbVie, Pfizer, and Sanofi Genzyme, with an on-site preceptor. The Pfizer MC program participants are paired with Payer Account Medical Lead (PAML), the Pfizer Oncology program participants are paired with Field Medical Directors (FMDs), and the Sanofi Specialty Care program participants are paired with Medical Managed Care Directors. All programs offer peer-to-peer interaction with intern alumni as part of the Intern Exchange Program.
AMCP Foundation seeks virtual mentors for the summer of 2024 to enhance exposure to the programs.
What is a virtual mentor?
Virtual preceptors prepare interns for Day 1 while staying engaged after the internship to extend the guidance period so that interns receive coaching before and after their actual 10-week internship. Must be a pharmacist/managed care professional with practice, teaching (faculty/mentoring/educator/preceptor), and/or management experience, and an AMCP Member.
What is the time commitment for the virtual Mentor?
The estimated time commitment is one hour or less per week for the duration of the internship.
What is expected of a virtual mentor? Specific expectations are:
- Provide resources related to topics of interest
- Educate your intern on AMCP and Foundation resources available through membership
- Contact your intern regularly to check in via email or any communication platform you choose
- Hold a 30-minute conference call with assigned intern(s) throughout the internship
- Review your intern's draft abstract and poster for presentation at AMCP, if applicable
- Relay any feedback or concerns to AMCP Foundation staff on an ongoing basis.
Virtual mentors will be paired with 1-2 interns and invited to all intern presentations.
Questions? Contact Ebony Clay.
Learn more about AMCP Foundation Internships.