P&T and Poster Competitions Move to Virtual Platforms
AMCP Foundation re-imagined this spring's Best Poster Competition and P&T Competition, as AMCP 2020 was cancelled due to the pandemic. Our new virtual formats for these events illustrate how we are adapting to the evolving environment and continuing our important programming.
We recognize all those who stepped up to make these virtual competitions possible: THANK YOU—CVS Health (Best Poster Competition), Genentech, Amgen, Supernus Pharmaceuticals and Sanofi US Services, Inc. (P&T Competition), participants, judges, and preceptors!
Best Poster Competition
AMCP's eLearning Days platform showcased more than 200 posters that were to be presented at AMCP Annual 2020. Around 125 of these posters were evaluated for AMCP Foundation Best Poster awards. Abstracts and visual content were judged on scientific merit, strength of conclusions, clarity, and knowledge of subject matter. This virtual competition was conducted during AMCP eLearning Days, April 20-24.
Thanks to CVS Health, awards will be made in three categories: Best Student Pharmacist Poster, Best Graduate Student Poster, and Best Resident or Fellow Poster.
National Annual P&T Competition
Our Annual P&T Competition, celebrating 20 years in 2020, is designed to provide an immersive experience in the skills necessary for effective formulary review and management. Members of P&T Competition teams work together on assignments that include a monograph focused on the competition case study drug, with recommendations for formulary placement and utilization management.
This year, finalist teams narrated their slides for virtual review by our judges. Evaluations are underway now and we have tentatively scheduled a virtual celebration to announce the top 3 teams on May 8. Stay tuned for details on how you can connect and join the celebration.
Please join us in congratulating the 2020 National Finalist teams:
- Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Keck Graduate Institute School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Purdue University College of Pharmacy
- Rutgers University Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
- Temple University School of Pharmacy
- University of California, San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- University of California, San Francisco School of Pharmacy
- University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
We also extend our congratulations to the following 2020 Honorable Mention Semi-Finalist teams:
- Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Mercer University College of Pharmacy
- Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- University of Southern California School of Pharmacy
- University of the Pacific Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- University of Washington School of Pharmacy
- University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Pharmacy.
It’s unknown how long we will need to social distance, but the AMCP Foundation will continue the commitment of improving health outcomes by developing managed care pharmacy leaders. Stay tuned for announcements of our winners!
Originally published in the April 2020 AMCP Foundation Insights e-newsletter.