Pfizer Synthesis Essay Resources
The following resources are provided to help applicants with their synthesis essay portion of the AMCP Foundation/Pfizer, Inc. Managed Care Summer Internship application.
With the overturning of Roe v. Wade on June 24, 2022, many states will no longer allow for the coverage of abortive care services. 17 states had policies in place prior to the ruling that outlawed abortions immediately following the decision, many of those states are in the south.
The Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) you work for is interested in designing programs to ensure states that no longer cover abortive care services are compliant. You have been asked to outline a utilization management strategy for the medications impacted by the overturning of roe v. wade.
Create a report discussing the impact of the overturning of Roe v. Wade, also include:
- Demographics of those who will be impacted
- Explore literature to identify the impact of the decision and how health plans and PBMs are establishing compliance
- How you will adjust the formulary to meet the needs of the government ruling (which medications will become non-formulary, have quantity limits, prior authorization, etc.)
- Discuss how you will introduce this program to a client and the process of performing quality assurance checks to remain compliant as requirements may change over time
You will prepare 2 deliverables highlighting the items discussed above. These deliverables include:
- Executive Summary (no more than 250 words)
- Utilization Management strategy:
- In bullet points
- 3-5 bullets and no more than 5 sub-bullets
- Be brief and to the point
(**Please no doctoral dissertations – the judges will not read it. Be brief and to the point.)