Foundation Highlights: 2015-2019
As we pause to thank Immediate Past President Allan J. Chernov, MD, for his leadership over the last several years, we present the following list of AMCP Foundation highlights. It’s #ThrowbackThursday!
- Dyslipidemia web tools join IBD and MS online resources, offering patients, caregivers and providers knowledge about appropriate access to appropriate therapies and practical tips to effectively navigate managed care requirements.
- All accredited schools and colleges of pharmacy in the U.S. invited to participate in the National P&T Competition for the first time (regardless of AMCP student chapter status).
- First PGY1 residents rotate through AMCP HQ come from Premera Blue Cross in partnership with AMCP Foundation.
- Sock drive benefiting host city for AMCP national meeting collected more than 1,000 pairs for first time.
- AMCP Foundation enacted new strategic plan encompassing 2018-2020.
- AMCP & Foundation Boards approved a four-part research agenda that identifies and prioritizes critical evidentiary gaps in managed care pharmacy.
- First Best Poster Award is presented to senior investigator with most outstanding abstract on topic related to Foundation Research Symposium.
- AMCP Foundation hosted our first Managed Care Research and Nonprofit Leadership Summer Intern, in partnership with Pfizer, at the AMCP/Foundation HQ.
- Evidence for Access Summer Internship program began in partnership with Genentech.
- A successful challenge grant offered by the AMCP Board generated more than $55,000 in donations to the Foundation.
- First planned giving newsletter was sent to Foundation donors and interested subscribers (sign up today!) – plus, we rolled out Sunrise Yoga.
- AMCP Foundation marked 25 years of advancing medication-related research and education as AMCP’s philanthropic arm.
- Educational module about trends in health care for pharmacy faculty was released in conjunction with AACP.