Pfizer Oncology Research Essay Resources
The following resources are provided to help applicants with their synthesis essay portion of the AMCP Foundation/Pfizer, Inc. Oncology Summer Internship application:
On July 1, 2023, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation began its Enhancing Oncology Model (EOM), which is intended to create a performance-based payment system for oncology care. However, it remains to be seen whether this system will improve patient outcomes or reduce costs for payers.
You have been asked to prepare a presentation to outline the key elements of the EOM, including the potential benefits and issues that health plans may face.
- Identify how the EOM aims to create a performance-based payment system.
- Discuss the pros and cons for a healthcare system or commercial payer to participate in EOM.
- Propose whether a commercial health plan should consider participating.
You will prepare 2 deliverables highlighting the items discussed above. These deliverables include:
- Executive Summary (no more than 250 words)
- Presentation Outline
- In bullet points
- 3-5 bullets and no more than 5 sub-bullets
- Kocher RP, Adashi EY. A New Approach to Cancer Bundled Payments in Medicare—The Enhancing Oncology Model. JAMA Health Forum. 2023;4(1):e224904. doi:10.1001/jamahealthforum.2022.4904
- Be brief and to the point
- Include at least 2 references (peer-reviewed) from your literature search
- Cite in APA format
(**Please no doctoral dissertations - the judges will not read it. Be brief and to the point.)