Volunteer Spotlight: 2021 P&T Competition Finals and Semi-Finals Judges
Originally published in the April 2021 AMCP Foundation Insights e-newsletter.
Thank you to our hard-working and dedicated judges who supported the recent 2021 National P&T Competition. Volunteers are important members of the AMCP Foundation team, especially as we continue to operate with constraints due to COVID-19.
We recently interviewed P&T Competition alumna Melissa McCart, who said: “P&T pushed me not just in the clinical or economic learnings, but in how to work together as a cohesive team, to have each other’s back, and to push through when it feels like a mountain needs to be moved. More than anything, completing the P&T submission instills grit and determination to get through a challenge.” Our judges are the subject matter experts who make it possible for future pharmacists to learn these lessons!
Thank you to the following individuals, who evaluated entries from schools of pharmacy at the semi-final and final stages. The AMCP Foundation P&T Competition would not be possible without the managed care pharmacists who generously volunteer their time and expertise.
- Sean Chitwood, Director, Workers' Compensation, OnePoint Patient Care
- Julie DiTucci-Reiter, Clinical Policy and Programs Pharmacist, Health Choice
- Briana Hicks, PharmD, BCPS, Clinical Consultant Pharmacist, OptumRx
- Tasmina Hydery, PharmD, MBA, BCGP, Assistant Director in Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Xcenda
- Doris Kao, PharmD, BCPS, FCSHP, Principal Pharmacist, Rx Markets Strategy, Blue Shield of California
- Jasmine Knight, Associate Director, Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Xcenda
- Paul Lakomski, Director Health & Benefits/Sr Pharmacy Consultant, Willis Towers Watson
- Alexandra Lin, Manager, Pharmacy Clinical Programs & Customer Support, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Craig Mattson, President, Mattson Consulting
- Donna Lynn Obra, Pharmacy Director, Clinical Quality & Pharmacy Residency, Aetna Medicaid
- Kristen Patti, PGY2 Medication Use Safety and Policy Resident, UNC Health
- Biljana Petreska, Director, Formulary & Drug Policy Development, EmblemHealth
- Hiva Pourarsalan, Pharmacy Program Manager, Aetna
- Vimal Reddy, PharmD, Senior Director, Formulary Strategy, OptumRx
- Kevin Ridderhoff, PharmD, MHA, FACHE, Senior Director, Specialty Pharmacy Operations, Biologics by McKesson
- Barbara Roper, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, Advanced Clinical Pharmacist, Intermountain Specialty Pharmacy
- Elizabeth Sampsel, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, Clinical Program Manager, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
- Nancy Youssef, Medicare Regional Director, Midatlantic and Northeast, Envolve Pharmacy Solutions
AMCP Foundation joins our partners in thanking these volunteers.
Visit our current opportunities page to see how you can give your time.