From Paula's Desk: AMCP Foundation's Strategic Plan
Originally published in the June 2021 AMCP Foundation Impacts e-newsletter.
Dear #AMCPFdn Friends,
My head is on a swivel! I’m looking behind us and I’m looking at the horizon.
AMCP Foundation recently completed a successful strategic plan. From 2018-20, we were focused upon improving health outcomes by developing managed care pharmacy leaders through immersive education and research about the evolving health care environment.
The success of this strategy is exemplified by accomplishments like:
- Publishing the four-part managed care pharmacy research agenda focused on real-world evidence, value, and the patient experience.
- Expanding our summer internships and demonstrating successful results, like a 62% increase in interns reporting a strong grasp of outcomes research after completing our programs.
- Significantly improved National P&T Competition infrastructure resulting in increased participation and impact.
Of course, during the timeframe that we delivered on this strategy, we also navigated a global pandemic. I am eternally grateful to our Immediate Past President Chris Goff and the entire AMCP Foundation team.
Our Board of Trustees began the process of identifying our next set of priorities during the final months of 2020. A few weeks ago, the Trustees formally adopted AMCP Foundation’s new strategic aspiration:
|Equip managed care pharmacy leaders with research and innovative practices to improve access to and value of care.|
This updated direction emphasizes AMCP Foundation’s desire to support current and emerging change agents with relevant research and cutting-edge innovations, so they can more effectively influence patient populations. Now our Board, led by new President Matt Hurlburt, begins work with staff and AMCP leadership to oversee resource distribution and programmatic implementation.
Here are some of the strategic objectives that support our new aspiration.
- Integrate access to and value of care into existing activities, like the National P&T Competition and the Best Poster Competition
- Expand funding for research initiatives while elevating visibility of – and interaction with – research findings
- Spotlight innovators working within managed care practice and within education.
I look forward to sharing updates. What do you think we should prioritize as we progress toward this new aspiration? Email me anytime!
Gratefully and hopefully,
Paula J. Eichenbrenner, MBA, CAE
Executive Director, AMCP Foundation