National P&T Competition Judges
Call for judges will open in late September!
Would you like to help groom the next generation of managed care leaders? Consider serving as a judge for the AMCP Foundation Annual National Student Pharmacist P&T Competition! As a thank you for significant time and effort, each judge receives a complimentary, non-transferable registration to AMCP 2020 in Houston, Texas.
Judges are asked to:
- Commit to meeting all P&T Competition judging deadlines. This is critical. Please do not volunteer if you have any conflicts with the specific timeframes listed below.
- Review the case study and team assignments thoroughly.
- Become familiar with the competition drug, therapeutic area, and manufacturer dossier.
- Review and evaluate written materials submitted by student pharmacist teams, including an individual drug review monograph and P&T Committee PowerPoint presentation. Team entries will be accessed and scored via a dedicated online platform, and documents will be available in digital formats only. You will be able to download and print documents for your convenience during the judging process; however, please understand that the AMCP Foundation is not able to provide hard copies to judges.
Score materials in the dedicated online platform using criteria and rubrics provided by the AMCP Foundation.
- Remain objective towards team submission, without bias towards any particular team.
You must be available for both rounds of semi-final judging. You will be assigned 4-6 entries during each round.
- Semifinals judging round 1: February 7-17, 2020 (scores must be submitted by February 17)
- Semifinals judging round 2: February 21-March 2, 2020 (scores must be submitted by March 2)
- Estimated time commitment: Minimum 10-12 hours.
Judging National Finals (Before and During AMCP Annual)
- Between March 20 and April 6, you will evaluate and score entries from top-scoring teams.
- At AMCP Annual, you will evaluate and score live presentations from top-scoring teams. You must be available all day when the live national finals are held (you must be willing to miss all sessions and events prior to 5:00 pm). Finals are likely to be Tuesday, April 21.
- Estimated time commitment: Minimum 8-12 hours before AMCP Annual; up to 10 hours during AMCP Annual.
Desired Background Skills of Judges
- Experience in managed care pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity with drug monograph development and P&T process at health plans and/or PBMs.
- Exceptional drug information experience.
- Familiarity and experience with economic models.
- Due to confidentiality considerations regarding the study drug dossier, we are unable to accept judges who are employed by the pharmaceutical industry.
Volunteers must apply by January 17, 2020, and will be notified after that date about their service.