AMCP Foundation/Genentech, Inc. Evidence for Access Summer Internship Program
The application portal for the summer of 2020 will open soon.
Genentech, Inc. in partnership with the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy Foundation, is supporting the AMCP Foundation/Genentech, Inc. Evidence for Access Summer Internship Program for two student pharmacists. Ideal candidates will be currently enrolled as a full-time Doctor of Pharmacy and/or a joint MBA, MPP (Master of Public Policy), or MPH (Master of Public Health) degree program.
This program will provide an opportunity for interns to contribute to meaningful projects and interact with industry experts within the Evidence for Access Team US Medical Affairs at Genentech, while gaining knowledge of the biotechnology industry. Following a competitive selection process, two student pharmacists will spend 10-12 consecutive weeks at the Genentech campus in South San Francisco, Calif., under the supervision of a preceptor/manager.
Summer internship highlights include:
- Opportunity to work on challenging, business-critical projects
- VP Lunch and Learn speaker series
- Research project development and presentation
- Exposure to senior management, networking opportunities and career path
- Rotation at AMCP Foundation
Ideal candidates will be current students enrolled in an accredited PharmD program and/or a dual degree program, such as an MBA, MPP or MPH. Other preferred qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 2-6 years of work experience prior to pharmacy/graduate school
- Prior work experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience in effectively interacting with executives and senior leaders
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Anticipated graduation date 2020 or 2021.
Application Requirements: (All materials must be completed via online portal by January 17, 2020)
- Submission of online application via online portal
- CV or resume via online portal
- Letter of Good Academic Standing from Dean’s/Dean’s office (or the institution’s equivalent) stating the student's cumulative GPA
Should you have any questions, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 AMCP Foundation/Genentech, Inc. Internship Flyer (coming soon)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helpful Application Tips